Thursday, January 12, 2012

accents

I finally passed my 4month hump on my contract. I must say it feels pretty good. I also was dreading the next four months a little bit. However, I did just get my new schedule a few minutes ago, not only do i have the weekend off but I have a good schedule for the next 8 weeks. I can actually enjoy my last 4 months here and travel.

I was hanging out with one of my british friends last night and he wanted to show me some famous film that they all keep quoting. I think it was british equivalent to office space. However, afterwards we watched some scottish sitcom. I realized how a language so close to mine was so difficult to understand. I thought about my students having a mixture of accents for teachers. That must be really difficult even though we try to all speak very clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment