Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happiness

Tonight my roommate Rabia and i had our classic "romantic dinner night" as in we cook food put on cheesy romantic music and eat together which happens everytime we are home and hungry at the same time. She asked me "When was the last time you were really happy" To me this seemed like either a depressing topic about to be started or a genuine look at my life.

This seemed like a stupid question because everyone knows that "I am the girl that smiles and is happy all the time" then i started to think about how many times i'm smiling and laughing but its really fake. I answered by saying the previous night at my class. they were really good and high spirited. I enjoy teaching in that atmosphere. I am lucky to have a job that makes me happy because i know so many people who are absoluely miserable at their job or looking for one. I realized that even in my lowest points in life i still have a warm group of people around me that are here for me. granted this group of people has changed due to my constant relocation but regarless of that God has blessed me with a support system near and far to make my bad moments good.

As i think about this christmas season, I think about all those who have the "holiday stress" and they dont remember what teh season is about. I think i can cherish it a bit more than normal since i missed it last year, and I'm coming from a country that doesnt know jesus. It is my joy everytime my students ask me about christmas and waht i do and why i'm so excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment